Monday 22 April 2013

Poem - Send Your Spirit

Just after I felt pulled to pray for revival in England (read about it here) I wrote this poem. To be honest, I wrote a lot of poems on this day - I think the Lord was really working in me!


Send Your Spirit


Father God I long for Your Spirit to touch the world.
I long for You to meet with us,
Your loyal, yet unworthy servants.

I long for a touch of You to fall upon the nations
Like a rainfall over all the earth.
Send Your Spirit down.
Keep our faith renewed
And never allow us to stop seeking You.

 Holy One, I beg You
To send Revival to Your people
Lord, in Your perfect timing, speak to every person
Of Your beautiful creation
Allow them to know that You are real
Show Yourself to them in a personal way;
A way they cannot ignore

 Speak to each and every one, Father God
And allow them to make their choice to follow You.
Reveal Your Spirit so they cannot deny the Truth.

 Lord God, meet with us
We long for You
We long for Your touch
Lord, we long for our churches to be spilling over
Out onto the streets

Father God,
Send Revival
 And watch as millions return to You
Watch as millions open their hearts to receive You

Holy One send down Your Fire
Fill our hearts so that we can touch the hearts of others

Send Your Spirit Lord
Send Your Spirit and watch.


Copyright - Lisa Davies, November 8th, 2010.

If you use or distribute this work, please keep it in its entirety, and link back to this page so that the appropriate credit can be given. Also, please let me know if you do use any of my work, just as a courtesy. It's great to have feedback :)



No comments:

Post a Comment