Monday 8 April 2013

Poem - Nobody

Another non-Christian poem in that I didn't write it after prayer or meditation and it's not very uplifting but after my last post, I thought I'd share it anyway, as it kind of describes the way I've been feeling lately, although it was written almost three years ago (I tend to go through these phases).



Nobody

Nobody understands.

Nobody even notices that my life is
Slowly spiralling into a downward pit
And it is impossible to swim back to the
Open air that was once my happiness.

Nobody looks at me deep enough
To see the emptiness in my eyes

Nobody listens closely enough
To hear the hollow sound
Radiating from my mouth.

It is only after my eyes deceive me
And allow the salty tears to escape from
Their prison of my eyes
Only then does anyone notice

And their tone is accusatory
“Are you crying?”
Before they demand to know a motive
Like a detective, questioning his convict
Incessantly delivering scenarios
For me to shake my head to

They don’t get it
They can’t accept my answer
When I tell them the truth

I simply don’t know.



Copyright - Lisa Davies, July 21st, 2010.
If you use or distribute this work, please keep it in its entirety, and link back to this page so that the appropriate credit can be given. Also, please let me know if you do use any of my work, just as a courtesy. It's great to have feedback :)


No comments:

Post a Comment