Tuesday 20 May 2014

My Soul Speaks

On Saturday night I attended "Exalt: No Other Agenda" - a worship evening hosted by a local church. It was great; I've said for a long time that I think I would really enjoy and benefit from a worship-only meeting - and I did! It's important to devote time to simply praising and worshipping our God!

I spoke to a lady who attends my usual church but I haven't spoken to her very much. She hasn't been saved for very long and she has had horrific experiences in the past, not least the suffering she's currently enduring after a number of years attending a Spiritualist "church".

She was telling me that she feels like she's cursed; she has had trouble sleeping. I advised her that there is probably some kind of spiritual warfare going on right now;  Satan was so close to winning and he thought he had her in his grasp but then she was washed clean by the Blood of Jesus and escaped his clutches. I told her that God has a plan for her life and that it terrifies Satan so he's trying everything he can think of to stop it from coming to fruition. I told her not to be afraid of Satan but to stand firm on God's Word and promises, because we already know who wins!

I could have talked to that lady for hours as I felt a connection to her; we have some similarities in our history and our testimonies,

As I was going to sleep the next evening, I felt that someone was standing behind me; a shodowy figure almost stooping over me (I'll probably draw a picture and edit this post to add it at a later date). I felt uneasy, to say the least, and my gut (spirit?) was telling me it had something to do with this lady. She was so prominantly in my thoughts in a way I don't think I've experienced before.

I felt a great need to tell her, "There's a spiritual war going on around you. Don't worry about it, just rest in the peace of God and be safe in the knowledge that He and His angels are fighting on your behalf, so you don't have to."

I wanted to tell her to feel the restful slumber that I knew was accessible to her, if only she would let go and allow herself to fall into the peace of God. To lie in His open arms and find the comfort that she so yearned for.

I know it's not a prophetic word or anything, but I've said for a long time that I have a great deal of empathy and a lot of compassion and I can't help but think that this might have been a message from God for me to give her. Unfortunately I won't see her this week as we are out of town at a friend's daughter's christening, so I will have to wait until the next time I see her and hope that it's still relevant.

In peace I will lie down and sleep, for You alone, O Lord, will keep me safe - Psalm 4:8 (NLT)

For He will order His angels to protect you wherever you go - Psalm 91:11 (NLT)

Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus - Philippians 4:7 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment