Sunday 11 May 2014

Poem - Holy Spirit



Holy Spirit


Holy Spirit
You are my comforter
You are my friend
I know You.

I feel You residing within me
A welcome companion for my soul.

Holy Spirit
I thank You for coming into my life
For seeing me as a worthy vessel for You to use
For the glory of our Living God.

Oh, Spirit, I yearn for more of You
You have teased me with a small infilling of Yourself
And now I need more
Like an addict, trembling for his next fix,
Holy Spirit, I need You.

Fill me
Use me
Pour Yourself into me
A never-ending well of life and love.

Keep me overflowing
Never let me be without You
Never leave me
And I will never leave You.

Holy Spirit, I ask You to fill me so that I cannot possibly take any more
Else my soul will burst
Fill me every day with love and grace
From on high
And be the interpreter for me and my Father

I need You.
Holy Spirit
I love You.


Copyright - Lisa Davies, November 8th, 2010.

If you use or distribute this work, please keep it in its entirety, and link back to this page so that the appropriate credit can be given. Also, please let me know if you do use any of my work, just as a courtesy. It's great to have feedback :)



No comments:

Post a Comment