Monday 15 February 2021

A New Direction

This is a public act of repentance and a rejection of all that I have witnessed and been involved in, believed in, and peddled as truth. 


As you may know, from reading my posts in this past year, I have been re-evaluating my beliefs and undergoing a sort-of "unlearning", where I have put away anything I have previously been taught or thought I understood, and instead looked only to the Bible; the inerrant and complete word of God, for the truth. 

I won't be deleting any of the old posts that I have made, suffice it to say that they show where I have come from and, I hope they will illustrate my journey and growth.

I am working on my testimony - I have shared elements of it before but my eyes were clouded by the movement I had been a part of, and so I felt that it was important to re-write it, from the very beginning, and with nothing held back. 

I understand that I may lose friendships and that I will be opening myself up to questions and judgements about my experiences and, indeed, my salvation . Let me assure you that I am closer to God now than I have ever been. I am actively enjoying my time spent in His word, and I am seeking His wisdom and discernment in all areas of my life. For the first time I am seeking to worship in spirit and in truth. 

I promise that I will always speak in love, and any judgements that I am seen to make are absolutely, scripturally, made in biblical love. 

This journey of discovery and truth is a long and difficult road, and I am likely to adjust my opinions and understanding as I learn and discern more.

This is a new starting point. Feel free to ignore anything and everything I have ever written or shared, and let's take this new road together! 

Like the noble Bereans, examine everything to see what is true!





No comments:

Post a Comment