Wednesday 12 June 2013

Let's Catch Up

It seems I've been MIA for almost a month now. I have been here, lurking in the shadows, but have been silent for some strange reason.

So I had my driving test on Monday. I failed. Obviously I was upset, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't, but I was strangely comforted in knowing that I had prayed for God's will. Of course, I prayed to pass the test but I also prayed that if it were in God's will for me to pass that day, He would take control of that car and get me through it (see this post for reference).

My test was at 08:10 and I knew I had failed by 08:20! They make you continue on and tell you the result at the end. I was home by 09:30 and just went back to bed until after noon. I was so emotionally drained and I remember praying and feeling awful because on the one hand I was upset but on the other I had prayed for the Lord to take control in the situation. I just said, "Lord, I know that I said I'd respect and accept Your will, but I'm allowed to be upset!"

In honesty, it was a blessing in disguise. As I booked my next test, I checked my bank balance and I simply wouldn't have been able to afford to change my car insurance over from a learner to a lone driver this month. I guess when I prayed over my tithe that the Lord would sustain me financially, He kept up His side of the bargain!

With that in mind, if you remember back to my post about tithing, here, I mentioned that I was going to start tithing at my church. This month I did, for the first time! It was strange - I was immersed in a world of envelopes, standing orders and Gift Aid. I suddenly felt more grown up and even though most people just put in their envelope or handful of change and have done with it, I felt like it was a momentous occasion. I even had a little lump in my throat!

I'm looking forward to the Days of Wonder event at Hull tomorrow night (see link here). Unfortunately, due to my not passing my driving test I won't be able to go to all three nights but I have managed to get a lift into Hull for the first night tomorrow. I'm believing that God will certainly show up and meet with us. It's going to be a great night and I can't wait! If anyone knows anyone who needs a ticket, I've got a spare for tomorrow and two tickets for Friday and Saturday! Just let me know, here.

So that's what I've been up to. I do apologise for not posting for a while. I don't even have an excuse, I guess I've been lazy or something. Rest assured, I'm back and raring to go!

~ Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment