Saturday 2 March 2013

Worthy - Revisited

I have so much I want to say to you all today but unfortunately my hand is aching from a day of work and I just don't think I have it in me to type message after message all night (and I don't think you'd appreciate it very much, either!)

I had something else in mind completely for this evening, but as I was waiting for my bus home from work my heart was on a message I've already posted.

I've started reading The Supernatural Ways of Royalty by Bill Johnson and Kris Vallotton today and I'm already halfway through - I can't put it down, it's absolutely brilliant! It was given to me by our Youth Pastor when I first started attending church again four years ago. It's sat on my bookshelf since, until the "time felt right" to read it - otherwise read as "until I've read everything else I wanted to read first". I finished my last book and I was looking for something that I could really seek the Lord's heart from, when my eyes landed on this book and I thought, "Yes, that's it".

As I said, I'm only halfway through but already it's given me a wonderful insight into our God, and my relationship with Him. I'll probably post a lot more on it, because it really has spoken to me tremendously, but tonight I wanted to take you back to that post I made a few days ago, Worthy.

In it, I asked the question, "When did God become unworthy? When did we feel the need to tell Him that He is worthy, worthier than anyone else?" Well, today I feel that I've had something of a revelation and I'd like to share it with you, if that's ok.

God loves us so much that he gave us free will and our own minds. He wants to be our friend. No longer are we His servants; no longer His slaves, but His children; His friends. We are joint heirs to His throne along with Jesus Christ!

That's why we can choose to serve and glorify Him with our praises. That''s why we are free to sing of His worthiness; because we have a choice. He has given us that right and privilege! He doesn't want us to just follow and serve Him because we have to, but because we want to. He wants us to find Him worthy of our total praise and adoration, above all else in the world. 

So yes, He is worthy, and yes, He has always been worthy, but I believe that He loves us to tell Him so because it re-affirms our choice. It confirms that we love Him and want to worship Him of our own free accord.

I didn't want to just go and over-write my last post, because it's still a thought that I've had. It's still a process I've been through and there's probably others going through similar processes - it's completely valid and I find that questioning our own thoughts and beliefs is important in learning who we are in the Lord. With that being said, though, I wanted to acknowledge that I have been enlightened and wanted to offer some kind of retraction or additional thought. 

As long as we know that He is always worthy; that He has given us the ability, the right, and the authority to sing His name, I don't think there's a problem. We are just telling the Lord, and anybody else who may be listening, that we have thought about it, and the only One we find worthy enough to offer our sacrifice of praise to is the Lord God Almighty!

How do you feel about it?
- Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment