Sunday 12 April 2015

Standing Up For God!

As some of you know, I haven't had an easy time in my job lately. It's no secret that I have felt persecuted because of my faith, on numerous occasions. The most recent occasion is still a fairly fresh wound and I wasn't sure whether I should post this or not.

Basically my usual day off is Friday but the company called me in on Good Friday to work. I explained to a few different managers that I would not be working as I am Christian and I consider Good Friday to be amongst the most important days of the year; the day we pray and reflect on what Jesus did for us on the cross.

To cut a VERY long story short, my manager told me I have to make a decision on what's more important to me; my job or my faith. Needless to say, I told him in no uncertain terms, that my faith comes first, before anything and everything in my life. It always has and it always will.

My last shift will be this Wednesday.

I don't actually have another job to go to, so I'd appreciate your prayers on that one, but I really felt that it was time for me to stand up and be counted. I have compromised so much and figuratively bent over backwards to try and accommodate them, at times seeming to compromise on my beliefs.

Occasionally I wonder if I've made the right decision, perhaps it's a stubbornness and I am simply unwilling to bend out of principle - which wouldn't be unlike me. I truly believe, though, that this decision goes above and beyond my own feelings. I believe it is a test of my faith and obedience - will I sit back and take it again, as I have done many times before, or will I stand up for God?!

So what now?

I have an interview at a nursery next week - this is working within my degree area, and something I really miss even though I'm terrified and have little confidence left. There's not much of a chance I'll get this job, but I've applied for over sixty jobs in the past week or so. I believe in a God who provides, His name is Jehovah-Jireh, and I am His child! I have faith that He will sustain and provide for me and my family during this time. I trust that He will honour my faith and obedience to Him and that He will open the right door for me!

I pray that this is all part of God's plan and will for my life. I know that His timing is perfect and that His ways are not ours. If He has brought me to this place in my life, you can be sure that there's a reason for it! I'm not sure what that reason is just yet. Whether it's something I've already prayed for and anticipated, or whether it's something completely new and scary exciting!

Please keep me in your prayers as I step out in faith into this new season!


No comments:

Post a Comment